Can you believe it?!
It’s May half term holiday 2021 and we are allowed out!
I know we have had other school holidays where we have been ‘let out’, but this holiday represents over a year of us living in this somewhat new world and being blessed with glorious sunshine on our faces.
This week we get to move freely(ish) outside and know that we don’t have to rush back for the school pick up, make dinner, stringent bedtimes and so much more.
We can push the boundaries of our family’s routine a little this week!!
Does this fill you with such excitement you feel like you’re about to pop? Grabbing a glass of Pimm’s to enjoy in the sunshine while the kids play? Or are you filled with such dread, trying to figure out how you can keep the kids in school this week with no staff, just to keep the routine and boundaries?
Which one are you?
If you are feeling fear that you’ve only just got your children back into a routine after FOREVER off and now you are going to be breaking it, only for a week, and then having to re-establish it very quickly, then you are in the right place!
Here are my top 5 tips for you:
- Know that whether your children go to bed at 7pm or 10pm. You are still a good mum.
- If the children’s bedtime gets pushed a little later. Keep your bedtime routine as much as you can. If you are staying away, try to keep the routine that helps your child to unwind and know that it’s time to settle down the same, such as bedtime stories.
- Get outside and enjoy the freedom of the fresh air and summer sun.
- Enjoy your time at home, and release the pressure to have playdates every day. You must have loads of unused crafts from Christmas?!
- You don’t have to do this on your own. Find your community wherever they may be and use them to communicate the highs and lows with.
You have got this mums! You did 3,977,965 weeks of COVID schooling! Embrace the half term!!
Together in our membership group, we will talk every week and share the highs and lows to our weeks with the families. How we have managed and how I can help you to embrace your evolving family and support you in being the strong amazing individual you are as well as supporting you as Mum.
Click on the here to book a free discovery call or click here to sign up for the membership group.
Have fun this week!
Lots of love